In preparation for my lesson on Sunday, I was looking through my book “Small & Simple Things” – quotes from Sister Hinckley. I came across this quote:
“When you are in your nineties you find that many of your dear friends have gone on. But even with these separations, my love for them remains intact and I look forward to renewing those close relationships. How grateful I am for the gospel and for the assurance that even friendships are eternal.”
Each life that touches ours for good
Reflects thine own great mercy, Lord;
Thou sendest blessings from above
Thru words and deeds of those who love…
When such a friend from us departs,
We hold forever in our hearts
A sweet and hallowed memory
Bringing us nearer, Lord, to thee.
-(Karen Lynn Davidson – “Each Life That Touches Ours for Good,” Hymns, no. 293)
This really made me think – every person in our life is important, we learn from each other and can bless one another’s lives. Not only does each life “touch ours for good” but we in turn can be the one who touches & blesses the lives of others. It’s so easy to get busy, caught up in our lives. But how long does it take to send a simple note or pick up the phone or walk down the street & help show others that you care, that they are important too. I know I care about my family and friends but I don’t always take the time to show it. I am challenging myself, and each of you, to make a goal to take the time.
And let us not forget our friends, our loved ones, who have departed. Show them we care by the way we live our lives. Show our love by doing our family history and temple work. Remember how they have touched our lives for good and continually show our gratitude and continue their legacy.
May we each touch one another’s lives for good.
1 comment:
That's a great thought Sue. Thanks!
Post a Comment