
"I will learn to love my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ by keeping Their commandments. I will become like Them by following my personal mission plan. I will show my love for Them by inviting others to come unto Christ."
This is my ward's mission statement. Our mission plan is to accomplish the statement. My bishop has challenged us as a ward to develop our own mission plans and also to read the "Preach My Gospel" manual before the end of the year.
I have been reading the manual daily since. This is an inspired book - for missionaries, member missionaries, families and at an individual level. If you haven't been studying this manual I recommend you start. And if you're thinking "well, that's great if you're preparing to serve a mission..." - realize that preaching the Gospel is one of the most important duties each of us, who are converted to the Gospel of Jesus Christ, will have in this life.
President George Albert Smith said, "We will attain our exaltation in the Celestial Kingdom only on the condition that we share with our Father's other children the blessings of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and observe the commandments that will enrich our lives here and hereafter."
I am so glad my bishop was inspired to extend the invitation to study this manual and to develop a personal mission plan. I look forward to continue to study and learn from this great resource.
4 comments:
I agree, it is a wonderful manual. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. It was a good reminder.
so, are you still reading it?
I pull it out time to time - I need to more often. I love studying from it.
I am - every day. It really is great. I'm about halfway through the manual.
way to go. I've since pulled mine out and I looking at it more
Post a Comment