Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Cranberry Orange Cookies

I originally discovered a cookie recipe called "Orange Creamsicle Cookies" that looked like this:
It sounded so good that I made them. They were good but too greasy and too sweet in my opinion. So I decided to modify the recipe. And it was sooo yummo I have to share:


3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon b soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoon applesauce
3 tablespoons white sugar
2  1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon egg substitute
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon orange zest (I don't measure, I just use all the zest from one orange)
1/4 cup oats
1/3 cup craisins
1/2 cup white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and creamy. Beat in applesauce, egg and vanilla until smooth. Gradually add flour mixture and oats until combined. Stir in orange zest, craisins and white chocolate chips. (Add more oats and/or flour as needed if dough is too sticky.) Drop rounded teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheets. Bake 8 - 10 minutes or until golden brown around edges. Cool for several minutes on cookie sheets before transferring to rack to cool completely. Store in airtight container. Makes about 18-20 cookies.




No comments: