Sunday, May 20, 2012

Total Eclipse....or maybe just partial...

Today news spread of this evening's solar eclipse. I was somewhat disappointed that the eclipse was not visible to the naked eye and that the earth did not darken like it is portrayed in the movies. I, however, was able to get a few shots on my ever so trusty camera phone. I'm sure some of what was captured was actually the reflection pinging off my camera lens - I can not say for certain as the sun was too bright to physically look at. But I think the pictures are cool anyway.

Sun so bright! Yet it was darker than normal at ground level, although you can't tell.


I think the reflection into the camera caused the moon to appear pink in these pics.
This was as eclipsed as we got to "see".
I think Dad was blind....or just looking down for the second I snapped this shot :D



No comments: