Thursday, July 31, 2008

TENNIS...ANYONE?





A few years ago I took up (loosely) the sport of tennis. And I absolutely loved it!! The trick with tennis is finding someone else who enjoys playing & you’re able to accommodate schedules. So needless to say, I haven’t played much tennis over the last few years. As the Enrichment Leader in my ward I have the blessed responsibility to help organize the mini-enrichment groups. This isn’t as simple as one would think. But amazingly one group that has become a success – which I’m so happy about – is a tennis group. Now, once a week I get to play my favorite sport. My friend Desi and I are in charge of this group. And we have asked Desi’s friend John to help us instruct tennis lessons for the girls who would like to improve their skills. Now John is bringing some of his friends to help. So our enrichment group has turned into a social mixer – haha. But the best part is I get to play tennis. And my overhand serve is definitely improving.

2 comments:

Amelia Brailsford said...

I love it! Wish I could play with you all.

Susan S. said...

I wish you could too! We should play next time I come to visit.