
Getting up in the mornings has been a struggle for me. I've really been wanting to wake up early and exercise before work but I just couldn't pass the hurdle of snoozing. A few months ago my brother Spencer told me how he wakes up. He locks his alarm in a box and has the key in a separate room. I used to think that that was just too impossible. But now it's gotten to the point that I've embraced the idea.
So I bought a box and a padlock with a key. I have an old cell phone with an alarm that vibrates while ringing very loudly. In the evenings I set the alarm, lock it in the box and put the key downstairs in the kitchen. Thus, in the mornings I am forced to get up, walk downstairs and get the key to unlock the box to turn the alarm off. Ingenious. I am awake. Not that I'm not tempted to go back to sleep - but I'm awake and conscious of my decisions. It's only been 3 days - but so far I've had great success and have accomplished so much in the mornings. Thank you dear brother for a great - if not unusual - idea!
3 comments:
leave it to spencer to have such and extreme idea. Have your roommates complained yet. Sounds like it is working so far.
No complaints - they've slept through it. And my roommate Desi is game for the idea and will be joining me come Monday (as she's been sick this week).
Extreme or not, it works! By the way, I would use the work draconian rather than extreme. :)
Post a Comment